The Institute of Certified Chartered Economists, ICCE, has announced the opening of nominations for the 2nd edition of the prestigious 30 Most Influential Young Economists Awards.
The 30 Most Influential Young Economists Awards is the most-anticipated annual compilation of young, bold, and brightest economists who are under the age of 40.
The initiative aims to celebrate new economic thinkers and rising economists influencing positive change across their country’s economy.
The awards highlight the bold, authentic, and genuine potential of young economists whose works are at par with their impacts while serving as a source of encouragement to other young individuals whose commitment to stimulating growth is undeniable.
The first edition was held in 2022 and featured young economists from Sub-Saharan Africa, India, Europe, and the Middle East & North Africa (MENA).
The award is categorized according to different geographic locations, such as the following:
- 30 Most Influential Young Economists – Asia-Pacific
- 30 Most Influential Young Economists – Sub-Saharan Africa
- 30 Most Influential Young Economists – India
- 30 Most Influential Young Economists – Europe
- 30 Most Influential Young Economists – North America
- 30 Most Influential Young Economists – Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
A selection panel has been put together to review and shortlist the winners for each category. Nominations are open and close on September 1, 2023.